NoGrid – An integrated modular plug & play solar power system
Solartechno’s NoGrid is a revolutionary modular system integrating Li-ion battery, thermal management, and solar panels. The NoGrid is modular, portable, maintenance-free and easy to install and use.
Why the NoGrid ?
Disadvantages of traditional off-grid:
- Custom made – designed & made-to-order for a specific application
- Made of many different components
- The installation requires qualified personnel on the construction site
- Large Battery banks needs to be hosted in a building
- Not flexible – once installed the system is difficult to scale up
Advantages of the innovative NoGrid solution:
- Modular and plug & play
- Scalable – The modules can be connected to each other to create a solar generator of whichever required size
- Assembled-to-order – no need of engineers for the design and installation
- All the system components are all included in a single sealed element
- Installed directly on the back of the solar panel – no need to host batteries and electronics in a separate building
- Maintenance free (no moving parts)
- Very low operating costs
- Higher reliability and fail safe – in case of failure of one module, the rest of the system will still work
1 NoGrid Battery powers this 30 watt, 4000 lumen lamp post for 3 days autonomously (tested).
System of 6 NoGrid Batteries with inverter. The system produces 7.2 kWh and a maximum output of 2 kW.
NoGrid technical features
The product is water and dust tight, and the cooling system is based on a revolutionary concept that makes it practically maintenance free. NoGrid has proven operation from -10 °C to +55 °C and 85 °C solar panel temperature.
- Self-contained in aluminium box water and dust tight (IP65)
- Cooling system based on a revolutionary concept that eliminates any moving parts – practically maintenance free
- 1 kWh of available storage capacity and 500 W of continuous power
- Designed to work in hot climates from -10°C to +55°C ambient and 85 °C solar panel temperature
- Long batteries life in the order of 10 years
- Compatible with 90% of commercially available solar panels
- “Hot swap” functionality: storage and power capacity can be added (or removed) without switching off the entire system
- Can also be recharged by diesel gensets, wind turbines or from the grid
Panasonic cells are used, providing superior quality and lifespan.
System of 24 NoGrid modules: 12 kW maximum output, 28.8 kWh battery capacity.